Friday, March 27, 2009

Strat-O-Matic's Three True Outcomes

I don't normally do "link posts", where I'm just passing on a link without trying to add something interesting to it, but I'm at work right now and I just don't know what I can add to this:

Using his old Strat-O-Matic cards, The Common Man takes a look back at some of the most interesting baseball players you can find - the Three True Outcome sluggers. From Steve Balboni to Sam Horn to Cecil Fielder, these Strat cards do a better job of describing just how remarkable TTO guys are than any written description ever could. And, well, if you haven't heard of the Three True Outcomes before, just take a look at some of those cards and you'll get a pretty good idea.

It's a great piece, and definitely one that I wish I had written. Go take a look.

No comments: